filter_cloudtype(img, cloud, thrs=0, snow=False, low=False, cirrus=False, smoothing=None, grid='polar', scale=None)¶
Identification of non-meteorological echoes based on cloud type.
- img (array_like) – radar image to which the filter is to be applied
- cloud (array_like) – image with collocated cloud value from MSG SAFNWC PGE02 product
- thrs (float) – Threshold above which to identify clutter
- snow (bool) – Swith to use PGE02 class “land/sea snow” for clutter identification
- low (bool) – Swith to use PGE02 class “low/very low stratus/cumulus” for clutter identification
- cirrus (bool) – Swith to use PGE02 class “very thin cirrus” and “fractional clouds” for clutter identification
- smoothing (float) – Size [m] of the smoothing window used to take into account various localisation errors (e.g. advection, parallax)
- grid (string) – “polar” or “cartesian”
- scale (float or tuple of 2 floats) – range [m] scale for polar grid x[m] and y[m] scale for cartesian grid
output (array_like) – a boolean array containing TRUE where clutter has been identified.