Conveniently supports the construction of osr spatial reference objects
Currently, the following projection names (argument projname) are supported:
“aeqd”: Azimuthal Equidistant
needs the following keyword arguments:
- lat_0 (latitude at projection center),
- lon_0 (longitude at projection center),
- x_0 (false Easting, also known as x-offset),
- y_0 (false Northing, also known as y-offset)
“dwd-radolan” : RADOLAN Composite Coordinate System
- no additional arguments needed.
Polar stereographic projection used by the German Weather Service (DWD) for all Radar composite products. See the final report on the RADOLAN project [DrWeigl et al., 2004] for details.
- projname (string) – “aeqd” or “dwd-radolan”
- kwargs (depends on projname - see above!) –
output (osr.SpatialReference) – GDAL/OSR object defining projection